Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Ugh, What Should I Wear?

Emily Atrokhov

“I believe that there are lots of standards in the way people dress these days, and if you decide to dress differently, you will be judged,” said Junior Victoria Miro when asked if society’s expectations influence her personal style. The pressure to dress perfectly has led to a phenomenon that many call performance anxiety.

Diversity in style at B-CC is relatively limited, so people notice when one is overdressed or underdressed. Getting noticed doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing; it can be as simple as a small glance. However, it is difficult to distinguish between judgment and praise within a small glance, causing some students a feeling of uneasiness.

Some students fear standing out. The surge in the Clean Girl Aesthetic on TikTok places unrealistic expectations on women to look effortlessly beautiful. The term is defined loosely as a fashion sense and lifestyle that appears elegant, perfectly put together, and minimalistic. To achieve a naturally beautiful appearance, some students spend hours to look as though they’ve just rolled out of bed.

Miro shared that she puts in a good amount of effort everyday to maintain her look, adding that doing her makeup and hair always takes the longest. She said, “I would say it stresses me out a lot, because I have to choose between sleep or time in the morning to get ready.” Another student, Sophomore Simone Pulerwitz-Waisbord said, “It stresses me out a bunch always having to be dressed a certain way and keep up my appearance.”

With social media influencing the way students style themselves, what is deemed stylish is never certain and constantly changing, making it hard to keep up with trends. “I think that without social media I would look a lot different, I wouldn’t always be comparing the way I dress or look to people online and trying to match them,” said Pulerwitz-Waisbord.

For some of our Barons, what they wear to school is a confidence make-or-break. If Barons see someone wearing and outfit they love, they should consider giving a compliment. After all, that person might have spent all night picking it out.