Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair.
Jonah Peters
Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School.

On Wednesday, April 24, B-CC took on Whitman in the Battle of Bethesda. Unfortunately, the Barons didn’t take home a win, losing 7-0. The top performer from the match for the Barons was the Doubles 3 team made up of Freshmen Lucy Barron and Julia Pinto, who fought hard but eventually took a tough loss. The final score of the match was 6-1 3-6 4-6.

On Thursday, April 25, the team traveled to Montgomery Blair for an away match. The Barons fought hard and came away with a 6-1 win over the Blazers. The standout performers in this match were the Doubles 1 team, including Senior Captain Chloe Wise and Junior Elizabeth Vilardo, who won 6-4 6-2, as well as Freshman Clara Privitera, who won 6-3 6-0 at Singles 4. This win brings the team’s record to a solid 6 wins and 4 losses. “Beating Blair has allowed us to gain a lot more confidence with counties and regionals coming up,” commented Wise.

B-CC will end off the regular season over the next week, with a match at home against Gaithersburg High School tonight, April 26, followed by an away match against Wheaton High School on Monday, April 29.