B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

Barons Baseball Beats Rivals and Jumps in Rankings

This week, the Barons took down Whitman and Blair High Schools to jump to the top of the region and the state championship rankings.
Jude Wilkenfeld
The B-CC Barons are officially #1 in the State!

On Saturday, April 20, the Barons beat the consensus top team in the state, Walt Whitman High School, 7-3. The Barons opened strong, putting up two runs in the first inning off of a Junior Trent Lopez double. Though Whitman tied it up in the bottom half of the inning, the Barons stayed down and took the lead in the 4th off of a Whitman error. After that, they never gave the lead up and eventually brought the team total up to 7. Senior Bobby Burk shoved on the mound with 5 innings of two-run baseball, where he struck out nine batters. Junior Will Atkinson earned the save after coming in to relieve Burk. After the game, both Prep Baseball Rankings and Xposure Sports ranked the Barons #1 in their power rankings following the win. B-CC can lock up the region with some wins and some Quince Orchard losses.

The Barons squeaked out an extra-inning win on Wednesday, April 24, beating Blair 6-5 on a walk-off. After Blair jumped out to an early lead, Burk tied it up with a big single that scored two. Senior Jackson Clemens scored three runs, leading the team, and hit a sacrifice fly in the fourth. Junior Henry Eichner started the game and gave up five runs in seven and one-third innings. Senior Pierce Tewksbury closed out the extra-inning top of the eighth, and Senior Nate Bromberger walked it off in the bottom of the inning.

The Barons finished the week with an overall record of 12-4, and clinched Co-Division Champions with Whitman. They will play three of their final four games next week. On Saturday they play at Gaithersburg at 2pm, they play Sherwood at 3:45pm at home on Tuesday, and at Springbrook on Thursday at 3:45pm.