SGA Elections Held This Week

Students running for SGA positions have been hard at work campaigning to show why they are the perfect representative for their respective positions.

Students running for SGA positions have been hard at work campaigning to show why they are the perfect representative for their respective positions. On April 18, in homeroom classes, the student body had the chance to watch the running candidates’ videos and then vote for who they believe is best fit to represent the school.

There were a variety of positions that students had the opportunity to vote for. Everyone voted for Schoolwide President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Publicity Chair, and Liaison. As for the individual classes, there were different candidates for these positions, and students will vote for these same positions for their respective grades.

Junior Gilbert Chauny, candidate for Class of 2025 Vice President, has not held an SGA position before but said, “I know that my voice, my ideas, and opinions could lead to having better expenses for my class next year.”

Junior Leila Burnett, also running to be Class of 2025 Vice President, sayid, “I was a part of the Mental Health Committee last year and earlier this year, and I really enjoyed being a part of a group of students who cared about everyone’s well being.” She added, “I believe listening to every group’s voice is important in making our school a safe environment.”