B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

Praneel Survarna Elected as 47th SMOB

Clarksburg High School junior, Praneel Suvarna, has been elected as the Student Member of the Board of Education (SMOB) for the upcoming 2024-2025 academic year.
Praneel+Suvarna+speaks+at+a+B-CC+SMOB+election+event+
Praneel Suvarna speaks at a B-CC SMOB election event

Clarksburg High School junior, Praneel Suvarna, has been elected as the Student Member of the Board of Education (SMOB) for the upcoming 2024-2025 academic year. Suvarna’s term is set to begin on July 1, 2024.

The SMOB election was held on April 17, 2024. Students voted through an electronic ballot they received in their MCPS email. More than 58,927 students cast ballots. Suvarna received 53 percent of the vote, while his opponent, Samantha Ross, a junior at Montgomery Blair High School, received 47 percent. 

Suvarna has many impressive leadership credentials, serving as Vice President of the Montgomery County Regional Student Government Association. Suvarna also serves as Junior Class President at Clarksburg High School. His commitment to student advocacy has been showcased through his involvement with the Student Advisory Mental Health Board and MoCo for Change. Additionally, Praneel is recognized as a certified presenter by the Maryland Association of Student Councils. 

As the newest member of the Montgomery County Board of Education, Suvarna will receive voting rights on critical matters including collective bargaining, operating budgets, school closings, reopenings, and other policies. With his passion for advocacy and leadership, Suvarna is determined to represent the voices of MCPS students, ensuring their perspectives are heard and valued at the highest level of educational decision-making.

“I want to be able to show every student in the county that they matter; it is always the highlight of my day to be able to talk to students across the county,” Suvarna said.

Suvarna will replace former SMOB Sami Saeed, a senior at Richard Montgomery High School, when he becomes the 47th Student Member of the Board.