Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

In Collaboration with The Pentagon, D.C. Metro Unveils Drone Strikes For Turnstile Jumpers

The D.C. Metro has collaborated with the Pentagon (DOD) to offer Pentagon Care Packages™ to unsuspecting ingrates who skip the toll.
Pentagon drones ensure no one rides for free.
Emile Melendez Santiago

In an effort to curb turnstile jumping, the D.C. Metro has collaborated with the Pentagon (DOD) to offer Pentagon Care Packages™ to unsuspecting ingrates who skip the toll. These solutions come in the form of MQ-1C Gray Eagle drones lurking on the roof of the station, which fire AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from above as an efficient way to reduce turnstile jumping. All of this for free! So thoughtful! 

Although some have been taken aback by the sudden change in policy, both parties have taken lengthy measures to not disrupt the tranquil ambiance of the beloved Metro. The last thing this program aims to do is disturb the peace of our stations. As such, the project will include further engineered versions of the fire escape door, often used to let in fare avoiders. If the door is opened when a fire has not been detected, nano-thermite explosives will be deployed into the bloodstream via a retractable needle within the push bar. But, so as not to disrupt the Metro atmosphere, such nanobots will release a patented Dior brand pheromone, aptly named Le Metro Musk, reeking of puke, rat piss, and weed. Jumpers will be reminded of that homely Metro rankness one last time as soon as the explosives go off. So welcoming!

The Department of Defense investigated its own 2 billion dollar project and discovered a 100% satisfaction rate and a 0% failure rate. The survivability rate was deemed irrelevant in the investigation. So safe! Even then, the D.C. Metro knows a few litigious families that might take the bombardment of their relatives to court. This is why the care package includes the Non-Disclosure Friendships (N.D.F.) bundle–again, for free! The N.D.F. bundle includes an N.D.A. forwarded to the families of those affected by the strikes, which includes a 25$ Chipotle gift card as a signing bonus. Failure to sign the form results in an all-expenses paid trip to a Guantanamo Bay black site, extraction team included. Naysayers may argue that making the subway free would be cheaper than investing in multibillion-dollar, cutting-edge drone strikes and nanotechnology. However, problem-solving capabilities at The Pentagon do not exceed blowing stuff up and seeing what happens.