John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

B-CC Cafeteria: A Review

Hey, MCPS School Board, have you ever eaten at the B-CC cafeteria? Have you sat at one of the 10 or so tables (or those weird green cushion things) after getting a “meal?” Did you eat the food? Did it live up to your expectations? 
Erica Braun
Lunch from the cafeteria on Thursday, Dec. 7th

Did panic grip your soul as you saw a veritable stampede of students funneled through two tiny doors? As you observed the soggy, tinfoil-wrapped burgers? As you saw the green beans that were more of a noxious brown? 

Do you believe that a bag of Tostitos and some red pepper hummus is a balanced meal? Was it by design that the hot sauce bottle not only looks just like the ketchup bottle but is also placed right next to it? Do you laugh at night, thinking of the children forced to eat sriracha fries just because they wanted some ketchup? 

And where, MCPS School Board, do you get the fruit? The red “delicious” apples that appear to be made of wax? Or the oranges, whose interior is covered in inedible white strings of something? Normal oranges have them, but not to this degree. And was it your plan that when you pull away all of that the flesh, the orange feels and tastes like a half-filled water balloon?

What is the purpose, MCPS School Board, of the giant jar of multicolored raw pasta? Is that what you think of as homely decor? I mentioned them before, but why are the big green cushion things there? With no table? Did you tell the interior decorators to mimic the look of a gymnastics studio, or a jungle gym? 

Do you lie awake at night, thinking of the pain you have wrought upon the good students of B-CC? Who just want a good old fashioned cafeteria meal? Or are you just a cog in the machine that is the school system, forced to provide the bare minimum? 

I’m going to Chipotle.