The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

B-CC Cafeteria: A Review

Hey, MCPS School Board, have you ever eaten at the B-CC cafeteria? Have you sat at one of the 10 or so tables (or those weird green cushion things) after getting a “meal?” Did you eat the food? Did it live up to your expectations? 
Erica Braun
Lunch from the cafeteria on Thursday, Dec. 7th

Did panic grip your soul as you saw a veritable stampede of students funneled through two tiny doors? As you observed the soggy, tinfoil-wrapped burgers? As you saw the green beans that were more of a noxious brown? 

Do you believe that a bag of Tostitos and some red pepper hummus is a balanced meal? Was it by design that the hot sauce bottle not only looks just like the ketchup bottle but is also placed right next to it? Do you laugh at night, thinking of the children forced to eat sriracha fries just because they wanted some ketchup? 

And where, MCPS School Board, do you get the fruit? The red “delicious” apples that appear to be made of wax? Or the oranges, whose interior is covered in inedible white strings of something? Normal oranges have them, but not to this degree. And was it your plan that when you pull away all of that the flesh, the orange feels and tastes like a half-filled water balloon?

What is the purpose, MCPS School Board, of the giant jar of multicolored raw pasta? Is that what you think of as homely decor? I mentioned them before, but why are the big green cushion things there? With no table? Did you tell the interior decorators to mimic the look of a gymnastics studio, or a jungle gym? 

Do you lie awake at night, thinking of the pain you have wrought upon the good students of B-CC? Who just want a good old fashioned cafeteria meal? Or are you just a cog in the machine that is the school system, forced to provide the bare minimum? 

I’m going to Chipotle.