B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, seniors look forward to the newly revived After Prom.
B-CC+after+prom+will+be+filled+with+games+and+prizes+
B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized by a committee of dedicated Class of 2024 parents, the event is set to be a memorable one.

After Prom will kick off on May 10, right after prom ends at 11 pm, and will go until 3 am. In previous years, students migrated from the Fillmore in Silver Springs to the Dave and Buster’s across the street after the conclusion of the dance. This year, After Prom will be held at Pinstripes in Pike and Rose, the same location as prom. The establishment is perhaps best known for its activities, including bowling and bocce. While prom will occupy Pinstripes’ formal event space on the top floor, After Prom will offer a number of activities for seniors, including in the venue’s more casual spaces.

After Prom intends to provide a more laid-back vibe, compared to the prom itself. Attendees can change out of their formal attire if they would like to, although it is not a requirement for attendance. Alongside the DJ and dance floor, there will be casino tables with games like blackjack and poker, a money machine, a hypnotist and magician, and over $10,000 in prizes and giveaways, including tickets to the Broccoli City Music Festival. Senior Ellie Watkins shared, “I am really excited for After Prom because it is something new that makes the overall experience better, and my older sister got to experience it too. I look forward to having the same experience.”

Many foods and beverages will also be available to accommodate any dietary restrictions and any late-night cravings, including a waffle bar and a chocolate fountain. Jen Maged, a Co-Chair of the B-CC After Prom planning team commented, “All students are welcome, and we are thrilled to have this event back for the 2024 senior class.”

After Prom is designed to provide a safe and fun environment for students to extend the excitement of prom night. It is free for all students and their guests.

For more information, visit https://www.bccptsa.org/postprom or email [email protected].