Decision Day

May 1 marked Decision Day for seniors all throughout the country.
Seniors+gather+for+Decision+Day+at+the+start+of+school+on+Wednesday+
Seniors gather for Decision Day at the start of school on Wednesday

May 1 marked Decision Day for seniors all throughout the country. The first of this month is a common deadline for high school seniors to make their final college decision and put down their deposit for the school they have chosen to attend. While many colleges and universities extended the deadline this year to May 15, Seniors celebrated their accomplishments on the traditional day. 

Seniors at B-CC gathered on the front lawn outside of the East-West Highway entrance to take pictures with their classmates before class on Wednesday. They wore shirts, hats, and other merchandise from their future schools to show their school spirit and excitement for the next four years. This is one of the many annual traditions for seniors at B-CC. 

Senior Will Margolis celebrated his decision to go to The University of Pittsburgh next year. He said, “I went to my first four [class] periods and then all my friends went to someone’s house to barbecue and celebrate all of our hard work.”

Senior and future Hoosier, Dean Hammerman, said, “It was cool to wear an Indiana shirt to school and show off where I am going to go, and it was cool to see where all of your classmates that you have been with for so long are going as well,” adding, “I got to hang out with my friends and relax after such a busy year of applications.”

May 1 was an exciting day to celebrate those who have decided where they will be going to school next year.