Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

B-CC Band Takes On New York City; Earthquake Strikes

Members of the Band Department departed yesterday, April 4, for a trip to New York City over the weekend. This morning, Friday, April 5, an earthquake with a 4.8 magnitude struck New Jersey, rattling New York City and B-CC students.
Giuliana Culzoni
A band’s eye view of New York City

Members of the Band Department departed yesterday, April 4, for a trip to New York City over the weekend. This morning, Friday, April 5, an earthquake with a 4.8 magnitude struck New Jersey, rattling New York City and B-CC students. No major related incidents were reported in NYC, but the earthquake left residents and visitors, alike, feeling shaken up. Junior Ayanna Rushing shared, “it was really weird because I’ve never felt an earthquake.”

As band students continue their excursion, they will have an opportunity to compete against other high school bands in a series of categories from jazz band to choir at The World Strides Festival. On the trip, they will also attend the Broadway show, MJ: The Musical and will have plenty of free time to explore the city. 

B-CC’s Band Department traditionally takes an annual spring trip. One year, students had the chance to explore Nashville, also known as Music City, where they had a lot of competition success. While students will spend part of the trip playing their respective instruments or singing in competitions, a highlight for many is exploring a new place with their fellow band members. 

Senior James Smith said, “I’m excited to walk around with my friends, mostly, and I’m excited to experience the local music of New York City.” Senior and saxophone player, Julian Dahiya, is more focused on the band portion of the trip. He said, “I’m going for one reason, and one reason only, to win.”