La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Used Book Sale

B-CC’s PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. 
The+2023+B-+CC+used+book+sale+
The 2023 B- CC used book sale

The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual fundraiser, which provides funding to a wide range of B-CC clubs and activities. It runs on student and parent support, and the PTSA is looking for volunteers to sort books, set up the event, and staff the sale, itself. Community members can contribute time to book sorting tomorrow, Feb. 24 from 10a.m. to 2p.m. in the “Book Dungeon” beneath the cafeteria. Set up will occur on March 1 and 9 from 9:30a.m. to 8p.m., as well as March 2 and 3 from 10:30a.m. to 4p.m. They will also be looking for volunteers on the days of the book sale itself from 9:30a.m. to 6p.m.

Montgomery County students can also earn SSL hours for volunteering. PTSA member, Sarah Mitchell, said, “For the 2023 book sale, we gave out more than 2,000 SSL hours to B-CC students and another 500+ to non-BCC (mostly middle school) students. Each time a student volunteers, they can take a book of their choosing with them.”

Senior Andy Flynn said, “I have volunteered at the book sale all through high school and even while I was in middle school at Silver Creek. It was a great way to get SSL hours, and all my friends did it as well, so I even had fun.”

When asked what her favorite part about book sale is, Mitchell said “My favorite thing about the sale is all of the people it brings together. At a time when it feels like school is fraught with stress and security issues, the book sale volunteer events don’t reflect that,” as far as her favorite part of the PTSA, in general, she added, “I do appreciate that sitting on the executive committee of the PTSA means that I get to hear directly from the school leadership and share the views of the parents. It is a chance to advocate that I otherwise would not have.”

B-CC plans on having over 50,000 books available for sale.