The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

International Night Allows B-CC Community to Share their Cultures

On February 12th from 5-8pm, more than 30 nations, broader areas, or cultures from around the world will be represented by members of the B-CC community at International Night.
B-CC+International+Night+in+2023+
B-CC International Night in 2023

On Feb. 12 from 5 p.m to 8 p.m., more than 30 nations, broader areas, and cultures from around the world will be represented by members of the B-CC community at International Night. It is a chance for students to share their experiences and learn from one another.

Countries that will be featured include: Ethiopia, Colombia, Malaysia, Venezuela, Haiti, Eritrea, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Peru, Nepal, Japan, Finland, China, Cameroon, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Congo, Dominican Republic, France, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Korea, Liberia, Mexico, Italy, Morocco, and Pakistan.

Small dishes will be on display from a number of countries for people to try, giving students and their families an opportunity to sample the cuisine from various regions.

B-CC STEP and Ritmo Latino are expected to perform. The event will feature Colombian Cumbia music, as well as beatbox covers of traditional music in Malay, a language spoken in several countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Various cultures will be represented through other art forms including fashion, theatrical performances and poetry. “We will also have a few first-time performers that are sure to be a huge hit,” Assistant Principal Ms. Sutton told The Tattler. She added that around 100 students will participate in various ways in order to produce the event. Around 10 staff members and 20 parents or caregivers will also be in attendance to help the evening to run smoothly. 

Junior Aresema Berhanu looks forward to sharing Ethiopian dances with the B-CC community,“This is a great chance for me to showcase my culture in a fun way because dancing is such a fun thing to do and see,” said Berhanu, who was born in Ethiopia and moved to the U.S. when she was 4 years old. She described International Night as “a night where we get to explore different cultures and countries.”