The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Students Show Spirit for Second Semester Pep Rally

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, Barons kicked off the new semester with a school wide pep rally.
Jonah Peters
Captain Emilie Lynch leads a B-CC Poms performance at Wdnesday’s pep rally

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, Barons kicked off the new semester with a school wide pep rally. The spirited event began with the B-CC chorus, led by Ms. Itkin, singing the national anthem.

Master of Ceremonies, Senior Vaughn Garcia, said, “I’m super excited to get out in front of my school and get them into second semester spirit.” Following the pep rally, Garcia added, “that was one of the best high school moments of my life, getting to see everyone all together talking and laughing, and I am super excited to end this year right.”

Following the national anthem, B-CC Moves, Drumline, Cheer, Poms, Step, and the beatboxing club performed. B-CC Moves set the tone with their energetic hip-hop performance and had the crowd engaged. The step team’s rhythms ended the pep rally on the right note. 

Member of B-CC moves, Senior Scarlett Potter, said, “Perform[ing] in front of B-CC is a pretty exhilarating experience, as any performance would be. There’s a lot of anticipation and energy going on, but it’s super fun.” 

This pep rally was the second official one of the year for the 2023-2024 school year. As the SGA continues to try and encourage school spirit, they are already looking forward to this spring, when they plan on hosting another pep rally outside on the field.