The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

New ID and Chromebook Policy Implemented

As semester two begins, changes to the ID policy and Chromebook regulations have been implemented. 
Jonah Peters
Show me your ID.

As of Feb. 5, the B-CC Media Center will no longer offer Chromebooks or Chromebook chargers for students to borrow. Mr. Baczkowski, Media Specialist, explained, “The county communicated to us that they are looking at a $15 million reduction in funding for technology. They cannot just provide as many chargers and Chromebooks as they were.”

Furthermore, after the same date, obligations will be issued for Chromebook repairs and replacements. A recent email to the B-CC community thoroughly outlined the new policy and obligation amounts for Chromebooks. For example, a peeled up trackpad or a broken camera will cost $25 each, while a smashed screen will cost triple that amount at $75. A lost or stolen device will cost $150 to replace.

Junior Sarah Schmeltz said, “I understand the Chromebook policy to an extent. But, I mean we are high school kids, and we are tired. It’s easy for us to forget, so honestly we should have the opportunity to get a Chromebook, if needed.”

In addition, B-CC has enacted a new ID policy also effective on Feb. 5. The policy mandates that all students show their current school ID to gain entry into the building. Temporary or old IDs will no longer be accepted. Students who have misplaced their ID will need to pay a $5 fee for a replacement. 

Senior Mila Mojto agrees with the change to the ID policy. She said, “It is a physical thing that the school has to pay for, so of course, it costs money to replace.”