B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

Brawling Barons

Two B-CC students fought in the main lobby during lunch, broken up by staff members
Brawling+Barons

On Jan. 3rd, two B-CC students fought in the main lobby during lunch. During the scuffle, two staff members were knocked to the ground but suffered no serious injuries after attempting to separate the fight.

A video of the fight was shared on Instagram and subsequently throughout the B-CC community. The video drew attention and concern from parents on the B-CC parent listserv.

Principal, Dr. Mooney sent a community letter, explaining that fights are not normally followed by communication from administration, but due to wide outreach on social media, it was necessary. The letter also indicated that the students received disciplinary consequences in line with the MCPS Student Code of Conduct. Due to privacy rights and laws, these disciplinary outcomes, as well as the identities of the students, are not public information. 

The community message also stressed that fights are infrequent at B-CC and have not statistically increased this year. In a year-to-year comparison between this year and last, it was revealed that B-CC has had one more fight this year than it had last year by this same time.