Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Baking Club has the Sweetest Holiday Celebration

The Baking Club marked the holidays with a gingerbread-themed meeting with a twist. 
B-CC baking club put a spin on gingerbread.
Emily Atrokhov

As the holiday season approaches, B-CC’s clubs are celebrating with delicious festive treats. 

The Baking Club has not disappointed, marking the holidays with a gingerbread-themed meeting with a twist. 

Ms. Lassar, sponsor of the Baking Club, explained that the bakers’ assignment was, “Anything but a gingerbread house. Make something with gingerbread but push yourself beyond the standard house.” 

There was a huge range of interpretations of the theme, and students were split between soft gingerbread cakes and crispy gingerbread spice cookies. Junior Sikelia Pasquina was named the presentation winner for her gingerbread nutcracker adaptation. Junior Ivy McConarty’s snowman gingerbread cookies were selected as the flavor winner. 

Ms. Lassar emphasized the festiveness that baking brings to the holidays. “Baking is the perfect activity for a family fun time. You work together as a team, you solve problems together, and you end up with something delicious. The smells of delicious baked goods set the perfect backdrop for the holidays.

Barons for Climate Action hosted a holiday baking activity, too, celebrating with a cookie decorating party on Tuesday, Dec. 19. Over 50 students attended and decorated cookies, setting some aside to distribute to B-CC staff and spread the holiday cheer. 

Senior Anna Lane, co-president of Barons for Climate Action, explained that the cookie decorating meeting was a way to “celebrate [their] efforts this year as a club and promote Barons for Climate Action so that more students will want to become involved in [their] goals of activism and service.” 

Anna reported back on “lots of positive feedback on the theme, as students were excited to decorate and eat cookies, as well as hang out with their friends.”

Baking during the holidays is a great way to bring people together and spread the holiday cheer, so venture out and try making some sweet treats this winter break!