The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Increased Police Presence Due to Tip of Possible Weapon on Campus

On Dec. 8, MCPS was alerted through the Safe Schools Maryland tip line of a possible threat against B-CC High School by a student with a weapon.
Charlie Raibman
Several students noticed an increased police presence in the parking lot and in the hallways on Friday morning.

On Dec. 8, MCPS was alerted through the Safe Schools Maryland tip line of a possible threat against B-CC High School by a student with a weapon. At 11:01 a.m., a message was sent out on Remind to inform the community of the situation. 

According to the message, “MCPD and MCPS school safety have collaborated to investigate this alleged threat and will continue to monitor the situation throughout the day.” 

Several students noticed the high number of police cars present outside the school as they arrived this morning. “There were five or six cop cars parked outside the school this morning, which I thought was really out of the ordinary,” said Junior Karenna Seltman.