The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

B-CC Achieves Gold on the AP School Honor Roll

“Congratulations to the students and teachers who have worked so hard to grow the AP program here at B-CC. What an accomplishment!”
After a clerical error kept B-CC from the initial rankings, it has earned a Gold-level spot on the AP School Honor Roll.
Courtesy of AP

The Advanced Placement (AP) program annually releases an AP School Honor Roll, recognizing schools that, “Have done outstanding work to welcome more students into AP courses and support them on the path to college success,” according to the AP program. Due to an administrative error, B-CC was initially absent from the Honor Roll but this has since been rectified.

Following the correction, B-CC received recognition in the gold category, the second-highest tier. B-CC achieved the gold status by meeting specific criteria: 72% of seniors taking at least one AP Exam during high school, 57% earning a three or higher on an exam, and 24% sitting for at least five AP Exams. 

Ms. Sutton, one of the assistant principals at B-CC, said, “I feel like it’s deserved. We have done a lot of intentional work on trying to increase access in opportunities to higher level classes for our students.” 

Ms. Yener, AP Coordinator at B-CC, added, “Congratulations to the students and teachers who have worked so hard to grow the AP program here at B-CC. What an accomplishment!”

B-CC has continued its commitment to promoting its AP Program among all students. “It looks like we are headed in the same direction this year, maybe even platinum recognition is on the horizon,” said Yener.