Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly at B-CC Recap

The Latin Student Union put on the Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly last week on Oct. 31. Hispanic Heritage Month takes place from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 every year.
Students+in+Ritmo+Latino+dance+during+the+assembly.+
Students in Ritmo Latino dance during the assembly.

The Latin Student Union put on the Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly last week on Oct. 31. Hispanic Heritage Month takes place from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 every year. The focus of this month is to celebrate the cultures, contributions, and history of Hispanics and Latino Americans. 

The assembly included a dance performance from the Ritmo Latino, B-CC’s Latin dance team, a piano performance, a dialogue on soccer, a quinceañera fashion show, and additional information about Hispanic heritage. B-CC members of LSU took part in all of the performances. 

Vice President of the Latin Student Union, Sofia Chalbaud, said, “We organized the Hispanic Heritage Month assembly to celebrate and honor the rich cultural diversity of our school. It was a vibrant and unifying event that showcased the importance of inclusivity in our school.” 

B-CC senior, Kiyan Jacobs, attended the assembly and said, “It was nice to get a glimpse into Hispanic culture, and it was really cool seeing how passionate a lot of students are about representing their heritage.”