La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

The Annual Club Fair is Back!

From academic groups like the Science National Honor Society to student interest groups such as the Dungeons and Dragons Club, the B-CC Club Fair offered a variety of opportunities this year. 

B-CC held its annual Club Fair during lunch on Wednesday, Sept. 20.

Senior Kate Campbell recently took over the One Love club, which aims to teach people the difference between unhealthy and healthy relationships. One Love has been a club at B-CC since 2019, and Campbell joined as a freshman. Campbell said, “The Club Fair is perfect, it’s a very good opportunity to let all freshmen, or anyone who wants to join new clubs, see what all the different clubs are about and hopefully get involved and join one.” From Sports Debate to Baking for the Better, the Club Fair offered a variety of opportunities for Barons to find their niche this year. 

Several brand-new clubs set up tables at the fair this year. Noa Wortman, a Junior, started a club this year that is a branch of a program called Ari’s Bears. “We stuff stuffed animals for kids in hospitals and then deliver them and raise money for childhood cancer,” said Wortman, adding, “On Instagram people don’t look at posts, click on things and sign up. But in person, you can see what you want and then actually sign up.” 

The Club Fair is an event designed to showcase student clubs and organizations and increase student involvement at school. At B-CC it continues to be a rousing success with scores of students attending and many new clubs added each year. “It shows how much of a community B-CC is and how we all want to be part of something,” said Sophomore Maya Schweiki while describing her first experience walking around at the Club Fair for the first time.

Ms. Fishel, Schoolwide SGA Advisor and co-coordinator of set-up for the fair, said, “The Club Fair was very successful this year, and we are so excited that our number of registered clubs is record-breaking once again. If students did not get a chance to sign up, they can go to the @schoolwidebcc Instagram to find a full list of clubs and their info. It is also on the B-CC website.”