Baseball Beats Gaithersburg, Springbrook, and Loses in Extra-Innings To Sherwood

The B-CC boys’ baseball team won big against Gaithersburg and Springbrook this week and lost a nailbiter to Sherwood in the 12th inning.
Jude Wilkenfeld

The Barons put up big numbers on April 28, beating Gaithersburg 16-1. Jackson Clemens led the charge at the plate, getting three hits, including two doubles, plus a walk. Eight total players got involved with RBIs. The team had 13 total hits. On the mound, senior Bobby Burk led the Barons with four innings of one-run baseball, striking out six and walking none. Senior Pierce Tewksbury threw two innings of scoreless relief, striking out four and walking none.

On Tuesday, in a critical matchup between two top teams, the Barons took Springbrook to 12 innings, eventually losing 5-3. The Barons were led offensively by Tewksbury, who roped a solo shot in the third inning, along with a single and double later in the game. Senior Walter Griner also drove in a run in the bottom of the second inning on a crucial double. The Barons’ starter, junior Henry Eichner, allowed three runs – none earned – in six innings. Junior Will Adkinson threw six innings behind him, giving up two runs on five hits.

On Thursday, B-CC beat Springbrook with a big 24-0 final score. One of the main reasons for the blowout came from senior Noah Light and junior Luke Shewmaker who threw a combined no-hitter. 

The Barons ended the week with a 14-5 record, and have locked up the division. Only one game is left in the regular season: Tomorrow at home, B-CC faces Blake at 2:30 p.m. for Senior Night.