John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Baseball Beats Gaithersburg, Springbrook, and Loses in Extra-Innings To Sherwood

The B-CC boys’ baseball team won big against Gaithersburg and Springbrook this week and lost a nailbiter to Sherwood in the 12th inning.
Jude Wilkenfeld

The Barons put up big numbers on April 28, beating Gaithersburg 16-1. Jackson Clemens led the charge at the plate, getting three hits, including two doubles, plus a walk. Eight total players got involved with RBIs. The team had 13 total hits. On the mound, senior Bobby Burk led the Barons with four innings of one-run baseball, striking out six and walking none. Senior Pierce Tewksbury threw two innings of scoreless relief, striking out four and walking none.

On Tuesday, in a critical matchup between two top teams, the Barons took Sherwood to 12 innings, eventually losing 5-3. The Barons were led offensively by Tewksbury, who roped a solo shot in the third inning, along with a single and double later in the game. Senior Walter Griner also drove in a run in the bottom of the second inning on a crucial double. The Barons’ starter, junior Henry Eichner, allowed three runs – none earned – in six innings. Junior Will Adkinson threw six innings behind him, giving up two runs on five hits.

On Thursday, B-CC beat Springbrook with a big 24-0 final score. One of the main reasons for the blowout came from senior Noah Light and junior Luke Shewmaker who threw a combined no-hitter. 

The Barons ended the week with a 14-5 record, and have locked up the division. Only one game is left in the regular season: Tomorrow at home, B-CC faces Blake at 2:30 p.m. for Senior Night.