Boys Tennis Goes 2-1 This Week

The Barons Boys Varsity Tennis team had matches on Friday, April 12, Monday 15, and Wednesday 17 against Northwest, Poolesville, and Quince Orchard respectively.
Sophomore+David+Lench+slams+a+return+against+WJ+
Jonah Peters
Sophomore David Lench slams a return against WJ

The Barons Boys Varsity Tennis team had matches on Friday, April 12, Monday 15, and Wednesday 17 against Northwest, Poolesville, and Quince Orchard respectively. B-CC beat Northwest 4-3, beat Poolesville 4-3, and lost to Quince Orchard 4-3.

Against Northwest, Sophomore David Lench won the Doubles 2 match in easy fashion. Freshman Zain Sadqi had an impressive win in the singles 4 match. Senior Mack Fisher and Junior Captain Jack Jablon win the Doubles 1 match for the Barons. With the match on the line, Sophomore Issac Engel and Junior Preston Brown won the Doubles 3 match in dramatic fashion to earn the Barons another win.

In the match against Poolesville, Freshman Austin Barker picked up a nice win for the Barons in the Singles 4 match. B-CC then swept the Doubles match with Mack Fisher and Jablon winning doubles 1, Senior Gus Fisher and Senior Captain Eli Hardwick won the doubles 2 match, and Sophomore David and Sophomore Miles Ullman won the doubles 3 match to secure the win.

Versus QO, Barker won his match up once again for the singles 4 match. Gus Fisher and Ullman won the doubles 2 match, and Senior Jonah Peters with Brown won the doubles 3 match to bring the Barons within 1 point of QO. Unfortunately, they fell short.

“I think the team needs to stay composed throughout the match even when we’re down. We’ve had some great come from behind wins this year. We just got to fight for every match and fight till the end cause you never know what can happen.” said Freshman Austin Barker.

The Barons take on Whitman next Wednesday, April 24th at Whitman, followed by Blair at home on Thursday, April 25th and then travel to Gaithersburg on Friday, April 26th to round out the week.