Once Upon a Prom

Once Upon a Prom, a student-led organization, will host its 14th-annual prom attire giveaway on Saturday, April 13.

Once Upon a Prom, a student-led organization, will host its 14th-annual prom attire giveaway on Saturday, April 13. The event is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. All students are welcome to shop through the collection of dresses, suits, accessories, and more.

The event, open to students of all genders, aims to provide free prom attire. With thousands of brand-new or gently worn items in its collection, Once Upon a Prom offers an extensive range of sizes and styles, in hopes that every attendee finds the perfect outfit for their special night. The organization also raffles off nail and hair salon certificates to further enhance the prom experience for students. 

Once Upon a Prom was founded 13 years ago by Carly Silver, a B-CC alum and Harvard Business School graduate. The organization passed down to each of her five younger sisters, is now led by Seniors Brooke Silver and Anna Antinolfi. 

Silver and Antinolfi are proud to share that they have partnered with Bloomingdale’s and Jump Design Group in New York City, who have generously donated over 200 brand-new dresses and cosmetic samples for the giveaway. Antinolfi shared, “We could not do what we do without the help of our community. Metropolitan Moving & Storage has provided their time and moving trucks for over a decade to transfer our inventory from the warehouse to the school, and we are so grateful.”

On Monday, March 18, co-presidents, Brooke Silver and Anna Antinolfii appeared on Fox News in order to share valuable information about the event. Silver said, “Here at Once Upon a Prom, our number one priority is inclusivity. For most of the students who walk through our doors, prom is only a dream. We want to ensure that this dream comes true for all students.”

The organization is dedicated to the goal that every student, regardless of economic or personal circumstances, can attend prom in style. Reflecting their commitment to inclusivity Once Upon a Prom does not require a student ID for entry. 

Once Upon a Prom has served over 7,000 students, providing them with the full prom experience. Community members can donate, volunteer, or have questions answered through the website: @bethesdaonceuponaprom.com.