Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Girls Basketball Takes On States

State Finals are incoming! Girls Varsity Basketball defeated North Point High School 51-31 on their home court in the State Semifinals to advance.
Girls+Varsity+Basketball+parades+through+the+halls+while+onlookers+cheered%2C+before+heading+to+the+semifinals.+
Girls Varsity Basketball parades through the halls while onlookers cheered, before heading to the semifinals.

The State Finals will be held tonight at 9:00 p.m. at the University of Maryland, College Park.

The team will face Clarksburg High School, against whom they hold a 1-1 record this year. They lost their first meeting in the regular season but defeated them in the County Championship after overcoming a 14-point deficit in the second half.

The semifinal game was close through the first half, with most of the starters getting into foul trouble early in the game. By the second quarter, all but one starter had two fouls each, leading to many players spending more time on the court than they were used to. Most notably, Sophomore Ashley Agard came off the bench and played for 12 minutes. She excelled, playing lockdown defense and grabbing five rebounds while keeping the starters out of more foul trouble. “It felt exciting being able to step up and contribute,” Agard said. 

In the first half, North Point tied the score at 21 before the Barons shifted into a higher gear to secure the victory.

Junior Elisha Robinson also took on a much bigger role, adapting to her fellow starters sitting most of the game. She played all but one minute of the game holding it down on the defensive end, managing six steals. She also facilitated a lot of the points, dishing out nine assists. Looking back on how far the team has come, Robinson highlighted their strides on defense. “This season we have really improved defensively. Our on-ball pressure has gotten a lot better which has allowed us to force turnovers and get stops.” Senior Anna Tercyak and Junior Jaylin Harried led the scoring with 16 and 11 points, respectively.

Clarksburg is the only MCPS team to beat the Barons this season. With the State Championship on the line, both teams are sure to leave everything on the court.