Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Mulch Madness is Just Around the Corner

Mulch Madness, Bethesda Chevy Chase’s biggest fundraiser of the year, will take place Friday March 15 to Sunday March 17.
Sydney Seiler
Players on B-CC Athletics teams deliver mulch as boosters for B-CC sports.

Mulch Madness, Bethesda Chevy Chase’s biggest fundraiser of the year, will take place next Friday, March 15 to Sunday, March 17. Profits from mulch sales will go to B-CC Sports Boosters. The funds have and will continue to help B-CC pay for items, such as a new stadium scoreboard, baseball and softball field upgrades, a refurbished weight room, new wrestling competition mats, and more.

B-CC students, along with a parent driver, hand deliver the purchased mulch to B-CC families and other community members. Sophomore soccer player, Adam Kessler, shared his experience with Mulch Madness, “I really liked it. It was fun working with my friends while we drove around giving out mulch.” Sophomore Abby Meers agreed, “Mulch Madness is more than an opportunity to help make money for the sports I play for; it’s a great time, and I made a bunch of  long-lasting memories with my friends.”

Math teacher and Head Varsity Soccer Coach, Mr. Melendez, shared how integral Mulch Madness is to raising money for B-CC athletics, “The March Madness mulch fundraiser is incredibly helpful. It is the biggest fundraiser run by our boosters. Because of this fundraiser and the huge effort of our boosters, all of B-CC’s sports teams benefit greatly and are able to have everything we need.”

View Comments (1)