La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete.
Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete. The boys play Magruder High School at 5:30 p.m., followed by the girls game at 7:15 p.m. at Richard Montgomery High School. County championship games were added to MCPS field hockey, boys and girls soccer, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, baseball, softball, and boys and girls lacrosse at the start of the 2020-2021 season. This is the first time a B-CC team has played in a county championship.

Girls Basketball heads into tonight as the number one seed, with a 19-1 record, the best record in the county. The girls went 8-0 in the division, clinching the division title and will head into regional playoffs as the number one seed. This year, the girls have set the record for most regular season wins in program history. The girls are also currently ranked #16 in the DMV by The Washington Post.

Boys Basketball won a four-way coin toss to secure their spot in the County Championship as the second seed. The boys are coming off two big wins versus Gaithersburg High School and rival, Walt Whitman High School. The team has made big strides from their first matchup against Whitman earlier this year. Junior Guard, Alistair Benjo, commented, “We have improved a ton, especially on the defensive end of the court. We didn’t communicate heavily in the beginning, and as we got more comfortable with each other, the communication has definitely improved.” The boys finished the season 16-4 overall and will be a part of another coin flip to determine seeding going into regional playoffs.