La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships at Gaithersburg High School on Feb. 16-17.
B-CC+wrestlers+move+to+regionals+
B-CC wrestlers move to regionals

Six of the wrestlers were automatic qualifiers, meaning they finished in the top six in their weight class at Counties. The standout performers were Senior Captain Seth Weaver, who won the County Championship in the 157-pound weight class, and Junior Captain Nizhoni Deschene, who narrowly came in second place in the 150-pound weight class. Both wrestlers will compete as the number one seed in their respective weight classes at Regionals. “Success really motivates me and makes me want to continue winning. When I feel motivated, I am definitely more confident,” said Weaver.

The rest of the members of the team heading to Regionals are: Freshman Kanik Deschene (fourth seed), Junior Ethan Makle (third seed), Sophomore Felipe Jacome (tenth seed), Junior Zach Cannistra (third seed), Senior Ronen Israel (fourth seed), Senior Adin Eisler (seventh seed), Junior Ben Carter (sixth seed), Junior Dajorn Smith (third seed), Senior Luke Smith (fifth seed) and Junior Efrata Mekene (second seed).

The regional competition will take place on Saturday, Feb. 24, and the season will conclude next weekend with the State Tournament at The Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro.