La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Barons Break Records

Recently, two B-CC Barons broke records at Washington Metros for the Swim and Dive team.
Barons Swim and Dive is making history.
Katie Dorsey
Barons Swim and Dive is making history.

Recently, two B-CC Barons broke records at Washington Metros for the Swim and Dive team. Junior Clayton Waterman broke an 8-year-old school record in the 100-fly at 51.07 seconds. He also posted the fastest fly split in B-CC history at 22.61 seconds on the medley relay in the finals.

Sophomore Virginia Hinds won the 100-free with the second fastest time in MCPS history, in addition to being automatically named All-American. She also competed in the 100-back, beating her own MCPS and B-CC records, while winning her second-straight Metros title. Her time of 53.56 seconds in the 100-back is the fastest public school time in Maryland state history.

¨Before the meet I just tried to focus on my details in practice and making sure I was well rested and prepared,¨ Virginia stated. About obtaining the record, she said, “Going into this season it was a goal of mine, and I knew it was definitely in reach, so I was really happy to see that I had gotten it after I finished my race.”

At the event, Girls Swim and Dive finished third, overall, while the boys team finished in 11th, which is the highest they have finished since 2017. This was two places higher with nine more points scored than in 2023. They scored in all three relays with swimmers and divers in the finals of four out of nine individual events. Sophomore Dylan Imirowicz finished third. The team will compete at the State Championships held at the University of Maryland on Feb. 23 and 24.