La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals

The Barons Ice Hockey team defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House.
Jonah Peters

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got out to an early lead and was able to fend off South River to win by a score of 5-3.

The Barons were tightly locked with South River throughout the entire first period, until Senior Matthew Duffy broke through with a goal, assisted by Senior Collin Eccles, and Sophomore Peter Lanpher. The first period ended with B-CC leading 1-0.

The second period, controlled by the Barons, who continued to shut out South River and added to their lead with a late goal scored by Duffy, assisted by freshman Leo Alley-Strocher. The second period ended with B-CC up 2-0. 

South River finally cut into B-CC’s lead midway through the third period. Barons then responded with another goal scored by Eccles, assisted by Duffy and Lanpher. Senior Aleksandr Talty then added to B-CC’s lead with a goal assisted by Freshman Leo Alley-Strocher and by Jiggens. South River bounced back with two straight goals to cut B-CC’s lead to one. But with 33 seconds left in the game, Talty put South River’s season to an end with an unassisted empty net goal.

Goalie Tycho Narrod-Malcom showed up when it mattered most for the Barons, saving 47 of 50 shots, for an impressive .940 save percentage. “It felt great being able to contribute to the team’s success. Could not have done it without the help of my teammates,” Narrod-Malcom said.

The Barons play in the quarter-finals next Tuesday, Feb. 27, at the Gardens Ice House, but the time and team they play are still to be determined.