La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Boys and Girls Teams Succeed in Metro Swim and Dive Championships

Girls placed 3rd and Boys placed 11th in Metro Swim and Dive Championships
B-CC+Swim+and+Dive+takes+wins+at+Metros+
Bradley Steiner
B-CC Swim and Dive takes wins at Metros

Both Boys and Girls Swim and Dive teams saw great success in last weekend’s Metro Swim and Dive Championships. Girls placed 3rd, while Boys placed 11th.

The boys team went into the field of tough competition and held their ground, posting one of their best meets of the season when it mattered most. Junior Clayton Waterman led the show with a new team record in the 100-meter butterfly with a time of 51.07, along with three relay teams who all had season-best times. Sophomore Dylan Imirowicz also added to the point total with a third place finish in the diving championships, the highest event finish for the boys at Metros. Senior Kris Lacke says following the big weekend, “Both teams did very well and it’s exciting to do well in our last Metros, since we are seniors.”

On the girls side, a third place finish marked their third trophy in the past 5 years. In addition to top finishes in multiple categories, Sophomore Virginia Hinds continued her amazing season with two new records. Her time of 49.78 seconds in the 100-meter freestyle was not only a team record, but the second-fastest time in MCPS history. She put up a blazing 53.56 second finish in the 100-back, which was the fastest public school time in Maryland state history.  In addition to Hinds, Junior Addison Mostofi put up top six finishes in three different events, 200-yard freestyle (third), 500-yard freestyle (sixth), and 400-yard freestyle relay (third).

The team continues their season at the Regional Championships on Saturday, Feb. 17.