John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Boys and Girls Teams Succeed in Metro Swim and Dive Championships

Girls placed 3rd and Boys placed 11th in Metro Swim and Dive Championships
B-CC+Swim+and+Dive+takes+wins+at+Metros+
Bradley Steiner
B-CC Swim and Dive takes wins at Metros

Both Boys and Girls Swim and Dive teams saw great success in last weekend’s Metro Swim and Dive Championships. Girls placed 3rd, while Boys placed 11th.

The boys team went into the field of tough competition and held their ground, posting one of their best meets of the season when it mattered most. Junior Clayton Waterman led the show with a new team record in the 100-meter butterfly with a time of 51.07, along with three relay teams who all had season-best times. Sophomore Dylan Imirowicz also added to the point total with a third place finish in the diving championships, the highest event finish for the boys at Metros. Senior Kris Lacke says following the big weekend, “Both teams did very well and it’s exciting to do well in our last Metros, since we are seniors.”

On the girls side, a third place finish marked their third trophy in the past 5 years. In addition to top finishes in multiple categories, Sophomore Virginia Hinds continued her amazing season with two new records. Her time of 49.78 seconds in the 100-meter freestyle was not only a team record, but the second-fastest time in MCPS history. She put up a blazing 53.56 second finish in the 100-back, which was the fastest public school time in Maryland state history.  In addition to Hinds, Junior Addison Mostofi put up top six finishes in three different events, 200-yard freestyle (third), 500-yard freestyle (sixth), and 400-yard freestyle relay (third).

The team continues their season at the Regional Championships on Saturday, Feb. 17.