The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Girls Basketball Rolls over Walter Johnson

After a dominant performance against Walter Johnson in the highly anticipated matchup on Feb. 2, Barons moved to 15-1 for the year.
Junior+Elisha+Robinson+dribbles%2C+looking+for+an+open+teammate+
Jude Wilkenfeld
Junior Elisha Robinson dribbles, looking for an open teammate

After a dominant performance against Walter Johnson in the highly anticipated matchup on Feb. 2, Barons moved to 15-1 for the year. The Barons met with Walter Johnson back in December and took care of business with a 57-31 win at the Palace. B-CC knew going into the Wildcat arena that the rematch was not going to be easy, but once again, Girls Varsity Basketball showed their opponent just how good they are.

As soon as the first whistle blew, the Barons jumped on the Wildcats and did not look back. Junior Frances Doyle led the team with a double-double, scoring 21 points and grabbing 13 rebounds to push B-CC over Walter Johnson. The Barons ended up cruising past the Wildcats by a score of 57-35.

In the Washington Post’s recent rankings of all-girls basketball teams throughout the state, B-CC ranked 19th. This is an incredible accomplishment for the Barons and great motivation for the squad heading into playoffs, which are around the corner. Star Junior guard Elisha Robinson said, “Our main focus heading into the playoffs is to continue to get stops on defense and use our speed to push the ball on offense.”

With such a talented team still hungry for more, B-CC is a clear favorite to make a splash in this year’s playoffs.