Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Ice-Hockey Playoff Preview

The regular season for Barons Ice Hockey has come to an end, with B-CC tied for third place in Montgomery County with an impressive 7-4 record.
Jonah Peters
Barons exit the ice after a decisive win against the Predators

The regular season for Barons Ice Hockey has come to an end, with B-CC tied for third place in Montgomery County with an impressive 7-4 record. The team has been a force to be reckoned with on the ice with a positive 33-goal differential.

The Baron’s offensive attack this season has been spearheaded by Seniors Colin Eccles and Matthew Duffy. Both Eccles and Duffy are ranked top 5 in all of Montgomery County for points scored with Eccles ranked 4th and Duffy 5th respectively. Eccles has scored 12 goals and 16 assists for 28 total points. Duffy on the other hand has scored 12 goals and 15 assists of his own for 27 total points, just one point behind Eccles.

Eccles said, “It’s an honor to represent my team as a consistent point producer from game to game. However, I wouldn’t be in the position I am in without the hard work and support from all of my teammates.”

Despite the strong regular season, the team has its sights set on the playoffs. Duffy said, “We’ve been getting on the ice outside of our practices and hanging out and getting dinners as a team.”

The Barons look to hit the ground running in round one of the playoffs against Churchill High School Varsity 2 on February 2, at 10:05 PM at Rockville Ice Arena.