Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Deck the Halls with Relief: College Commitment Before Winter Break

For those who have already committed to college, they can finally exhale after months of uncertainty. 
Emily Atrokhov
Early Decision college decisions are rolling in before the holiday break.

As winter break approaches, the anticipation and stress of college decisions has been building for B-CC’s seniors. However, for those who have already committed to college, they can finally exhale after months of uncertainty. 

The decision to commit to a college before winter break has brought a sense of clarity to many students. Senior Abby McRae said, “After getting my early decision acceptance, I felt so relieved, because the only thing that I need to focus on now is school and there will be nothing hanging over my head during the break. I can just focus on relaxing and spending time with friends and family instead of stressing about college applications.” 

As they are no longer tethered to the anxiety of the application process and awaiting pending decisions, students can now relax this holiday season, by enjoying festivities with a newfound sense of accomplishment. 

Not only do these students feel rid of stress, but they can also look forward to the exciting opportunities that college will bring. Senior and IB student, Ben Rosa said, “I think if I hadn’t gotten accepted, I would’ve worried a lot about getting into college through winter break since so many people already got into their ED school.” Yet, many students continue on the train of uncertainty through the break. Had he not been accepted to his top school, Rosa continued, “At the same time I know that a lot of people are still waiting to hear back and just like them, I would still have time to assess my options and still be okay. It’s hard for those who are still in the unknown, but I know this whole process works out for the best.”

Students who have made their college choice might even take to the internet to look further into their school and major as they prepare for the next phase of their life. While winter break is usually a time to unwind, for committed students, it promises a mix of relaxation and excitement about what’s coming next. Deciding on a college before winter break is a special gift: the gift of certainty, achievement, and the promise of new experiences. As students enjoy the holidays, they do so with gratitude and excitement for what’s to come.

View Comments (1)