The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Rons Roll Rams in Season Opener: Girls Basketball

The Barons controlled the game from the jump and did not hold back with a 36 point win over the Rams and a final score of 62-26.
Junior Frances Doyle dribbles toward the basket.
Unknown

In the first game of the season on Tuesday, Dec. 5, B-CC Girls Basketball took care of business against Rockville High School with a dominating win. The Barons controlled the game from the jump and did not hold back with a 36 point win over the Rams and a final score of 62-26.

Senior Anna Tercyak dropped 14 points in the season opener and was the highest scorer for the Barons. The star guard for the Barons continued her dominance from last year and appears primed to continue to making a positive impact on the team’s prospects. Even with the big win, the Barons look to improve before facing future opponents. Senior Alex Wedemeyer said, “Our communication will get much better and that should help the team out a lot moving forward.”

The seniors on this year’s team are ready to make a splash in the county and have the skill to do so. With leaders such as Seniors Anna Tercyak and Wedemeyer on the roster, it is no surprise that B-CC is ranked as one of the top teams in the region. The Barons will have a big test on Friday, Dec. 7, when the Poolesville Falcons come to the Palace for B-CC’s home opener.