The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Winter Concert Promises a Symphony of Seasonal Sound

B-CC’s annual winter concert is scheduled to take place on Dec. 12-15, showcasing the talent of B-CC’s music department.
Mr.+White+leads+B-CC+band+members+in+a+practice+session+for+the+Winter+Concert.+
Mr. White leads B-CC band members in a practice session for the Winter Concert.

B-CC’s annual winter concert is scheduled to take place on Dec. 12-15, showcasing the talent of B-CC’s music department. Evening concerts will be held on Dec. 12 and 14 in the auditorium. Every student will have the opportunity to view the concert at the in-school assembly on Dec. 15 during second period. 

The music department has 10 different ensembles, each performing two to three pieces. For instance, the Philharmonic Orchestra will perform two compositions, including the “Dans Negre” and “Oberon Overture.” 

Sophomore Naomi Hashimoto, a participant in Orchestra, shared, “I am really excited. I like being able to showcase all of the work put into a piece. [We] mostly have been practicing and working non-stop, especially in the days leading up to the concert.”

All ensembles go through intense preparations in advance of the performance. Junior Katie Mao, also in the Orchestra, said, “In class, we have gone through each piece thoroughly to see where our weak spots are and try to improve them.” Mr. Fowler, a B-CC band teacher, added, “It is important to keep the students practicing and rehearsing, so we can put on a good show.” 

The show is sure to be a fun experience, whether you see it in the evening or during the school day, but we recommend checking it out at some point next week.