John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Next Up, States for B-CC Cross Country

On Saturday, Nov. 2, B-CC Cross Country outraced much of the competition in the 4A Regional Championship at Fort Washington Park.
B-CC boys warm up.

On Saturday, Nov. 2, B-CC Cross Country outraced much of the competition in the 4A Regional Championship at Fort Washington Park. Coming off an impressive performance in counties, the Barons kept up their momentum, with the girls placing first and the boys placing third. 

Girls Cross Country dominated in regionals with the top four finishers all coming from B-CC. Junior Sophie Harjes, Junior Ani Bailin, Freshman Nya Stoian, and Sophomore Aubrey Green all finished within the top 4. Harjes was the first-place finisher with a time of 19:55. The girls ran away with the victory with a score of 17, 27 points ahead of any other school. 

The boys also performed well with four top twelve finishers. Senior Hunter Whitten finished fourth coming in at 16:27. Junior Caden Felten also finished within the top 10. 

The Barons have the State Championship this Saturday, Nov. 11, at Hereford High School. B-CC is allowed to send seven boys and seven girls to compete. For the girls, B-CC is sending Senior Morgan Kirsch, Juniors Sophie Harjes and Ani Bailin, Sophomores Lilah Rich and Aubrey Green, and Freshmen Nya Stoian and Ava Summerfield. For the boys, Seniors Paolo Mantassas, Hunter Whitten, and Lucas Cheplo, Junior Caden Felten, and Sophomores Daniel Skendaj, Donavan Hicks, and Michael Habib will all run. When asked about the opportunity to race at states, Cheplo shared, “I am excited to get the chance to represent my school in the state championship!”