La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Barons Field Hockey is Unstoppable

Back-to-back shutouts highlight the week as the red-hot Girls Field Hockey team pushes their winning streak to six
Jonah Peters
Mila Mojto takes a full swing towards the rockets goal.

Back-to-back shutouts highlight the week as the red-hot Girls Field Hockey team pushes their winning streak to six. The girls took care of business last week, beating Damascus High School 2-0 last Saturday and cruising past Northwest High School 6-0 this past Wednesday. 

Last Saturday, the Barons played Damascus at home. They shut out Damascus with a final score of 2-0 with goals scored by Juniors Kylie Crawford and Roxanna Stayeas. Scoring early in the game, the Baron’s defense stayed strong the entire time, letting in no goals. 

Wednesday’s game was all blue and gold right out of the gate, with the girls netting three first-quarter goals. Junior Ellie Harper opened up the scoring just two minutes into the game. They stayed hot, with Junior Roxanna Stayeas scoring her second goal of the game in the second quarter, moving to a comfortable four-goal lead before heading into halftime.

Adding to their total, Junior Mckenna Harper scored a goal in the third quarter. The Barons kept the pressure on, tacking on one more by Junior Sasha Barr in the fourth. The defense stayed strong throughout the game, holding their opponents scoreless for the third straight game.

Next week, the girls finish out their season with two games. Monday, they celebrate their seniors against Colonel Zadok Magruder High School in their last home game. Then, they travel to Montgomery Blair High School to finish out their regular season next Friday.

With playoffs right around the corner, the girls look to win their last two games en route to a deep playoff run.