B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

The Best Instagram Spots In Bethesda

Love Dunn

Instagram is an app we either love or hate. Some of us spend our hours scrolling through memes and photos of our favorite celebrities, and others fear the constant criticism of our posts, but there’s no denying the app has a strong appeal. With 2.35 billion active Instagram users, according to Business of Apps, it is one of the biggest social media networks globally. 

Using Instagram can be challenging, simply because the nature of the app requires one to post photos, and for some finding the right place and time to do so is difficult. But not to worry! Below is an outlined list of the best places in Bethesda (including some secret gems) to take the perfect pic for the gram:

1. The Blue Wall on Bethesda Avenue and Arlington Road

This stylish blue wall is not only the perfect backdrop for a cute pose but a relatively undiscovered spot for Instagram pics! It goes perfectly with any cool-tone outfit and has plenty of room for friends to take a group shot. Not only that, it gives the illusion of a tropical getaway. Be the first to come and make a post at this secret faux vacation spot!

2. The AC Towers on Montgomery Ave, Bethesda

B-CC sophomores have come to a consensus that this is the best spot to take Instagram pics. “The AC Towers. Rooftop pool. Definitely,” said Sophomore Kat Ingrassia when asked what her favorite spot was to take photos. 

3. Pike and Rose in North Bethesda

While this is a more well-known location, B-CC Senior Molly Sylvester said, “Oooo, [my favorite is] probably Pike and Rose; it’s really cute.” This location offers many different aesthetic spots that go with a variety of occasions. 

4. Butterfly Wings on Hagar Lane and Bethesda Ave

This has long been a popular spot for Instagram photos and is a noteworthy mention. The artwork by @bethesdarowfrt and @KelseyMontagueArt is stunning, and it is one of the best places to take a cute pic for any occasion: heading to a concert, or out to grab coffee with friends, any excuse is good for a shot here. There are 3 different butterflies to choose from in varied sizes and with different colored wings.

5. Middle of the Staircase in Anthropologie on Bethesda Ave and Bethesda Row

Looking for a truly secret spot? Wanting the thrill of taking a photo while evading the sight of store employees? (I was almost caught myself!) While this spot may have its dangers there is no denying that it is a pretty nice spot. Is it worth the risk?

6. Maman Cafe on Bethesda Lane and Elm Street

Who hasn’t dreamed of going to France at some point? What’s the next best thing? Taking a photo and having a nice drink at a French-inspired cafe! This secret spot looks just like a shop one might find on the streets of Paris. It is a perfect place to make dreams come true, at least on Instagram. 

At first look, Bethesda may not seem Insta-worthy, but these six spots prove there are definitely some gems for the gram!