La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

B-CC Cross Country Running Up The Ranks

Following a dominant performance against Richard Montgomery, B-CC Cross Country ran at the Oatlands Invitational in Leesburg, Virginia on Saturday, September 23rd.

Following a dominant performance against Richard Montgomery, B-CC Cross Country ran at the Oatlands Invitational in Leesburg, Virginia on Saturday, Sept. 23rd.

The Oatlands Invitational featured over 50 schools and hundreds of runners. Despite being on homecoming day, as this race has been for the past two years, the Barons still crushed it!

From the boys, Junior Caden Felten and Sophomore Michael Habib placed in the top 100 finishers for the five-kilometer. Felten finished in 17:33, placing him 54th, which also made him the fastest Baron at the event. 

Out of the girls, Junior Ani Bailin crossed the finish line at 20:19 which put her in 14th place. Following the race, senior runner Lucas Cheplo shared, “The meet was filled with wind and rain which was forceful and tough to run through.”

Later in the week, on Wednesday, Sept. 27th, B-CC participated in a tri-meet against Sherwood and Northwest at Sherwood High School.

Senior Hunter Whitten, Sophomore Donavan Hicks, Sophomore Peter Lanpher, and Senior Paolo Mantasas all finished in the top ten. Whitten finished third coming in at just under 18 minutes. The boys beat Northwest but fell short to Sherwood, only losing by two points. 

Girls cross country continued to put on a show, with Barons among ten of the top 12 finishers being Baron runners. Bailin finished first with a time of 20:16. Bailin has been a star for girls cross country as she consistently finishes at the top of every meet. 

Cross country’s next meet is at Germantown on Saturday, Sept. 30th where the Barons hope to continue placing high in the ranks.