John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Girls Tennis Close Out the Regular Season

The girls tennis team finished up their regular season this past week, with a home match and senior night on Friday, April 26th against Gaithersburg, as well as an away match against Wheaton on Monday, April 29th.
Jonah Peters
Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.

The girls tennis team finished up their regular season this past week, with a home match and Senior Night on Friday, April 26 against Gaithersburg, as well as an away match against Wheaton on Monday, April 29.

Against Gaithersburg, the Barons found it fairly easy, as they cruised to a 7-0 win, losing just 1 game in total in all the matches played. The highlight of the match was 6-0 6-0 wins for the whole singles lineup, making it a great Senior Night for B-CC. “I’ve been playing doubles with my partner for the past four years and it was definitely sad to have played our last regular season match ever, but it felt so right to end on a big win,” commented Senior Captain Sydney Seiler.

On Monday, B-CC traveled to Wheaton for an away match. In the end, the Barons were able to come away with a 7-0 win. Once again, the whole of the singles lineup came away with 6-0 6-0 wins, with a 5th of the same scoreline added by the third doubles team of freshman Lucy Barron and freshman Julia Pinto.

Next week, B-CC will send their players to their respective county tournaments based on position.