Girls Tennis Close Out the Regular Season

The girls tennis team finished up their regular season this past week, with a home match and senior night on Friday, April 26th against Gaithersburg, as well as an away match against Wheaton on Monday, April 29th.
Jonah Peters
Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.

The girls tennis team finished up their regular season this past week, with a home match and Senior Night on Friday, April 26 against Gaithersburg, as well as an away match against Wheaton on Monday, April 29.

Against Gaithersburg, the Barons found it fairly easy, as they cruised to a 7-0 win, losing just 1 game in total in all the matches played. The highlight of the match was 6-0 6-0 wins for the whole singles lineup, making it a great Senior Night for B-CC. “I’ve been playing doubles with my partner for the past four years and it was definitely sad to have played our last regular season match ever, but it felt so right to end on a big win,” commented Senior Captain Sydney Seiler.

On Monday, B-CC traveled to Wheaton for an away match. In the end, the Barons were able to come away with a 7-0 win. Once again, the whole of the singles lineup came away with 6-0 6-0 wins, with a 5th of the same scoreline added by the third doubles team of freshman Lucy Barron and freshman Julia Pinto.

Next week, B-CC will send their players to their respective county tournaments based on position.