Girls’ Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls’ tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair.
Jonah Peters
Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.

On Wednesday, April 24, B-CC took on Whitman in the Battle of Bethesda. Unfortunately, the Barons couldn’t take home a win, losing 7-0. The Baron’s top performers from the day were doubles pair Lucy Barron and Julio Pinto, both freshmen, who fought hard but eventually took a tough loss. The final score of that match was 6-1, 3-6, 4-6.

On Thursday, April 25, B-CC traveled to Blair for an away match. The Barons fought hard and were able to come away with a 6-1 win over the Blazers. The standout performers in this match were the doubles team of senior captain Chloe Wise and junior Elizabeth Vilardo, who won 6-4, 6-2, and freshman Clara Privitera, who won 6-3, 6-0 in her singles match. This win brings the team’s record to a solid six wins and four losses. “Beating Blair has allowed us to gain a lot more confidence with counties and regionals coming up,” Wise said.

B-CC will end off the regular season over the next week, with a match at home against Gaithersburg on Friday, April 26, before an away match against Wheaton on Monday, April 29.