Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

With a rough stretch for the Barons, a bounce back game against Northwest tonight is vital for the team close to going into playoffs.
Sophomore+Koko+Jenkin+pitching+against+WJ+
Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early lead by scoring 7 runs in the first two innings and looked to cruise past the Bulldogs. But the Bulldogs did not lie down as Churchill stormed back and beat the Barons by a score of 16-10. 5 Barons led the team in hits with 1 hit each in the 10 run effort. Junior Grace Stevens got the start for the Barons allowing only 7 hits, but the defense of the Barons was underwhelming with 12 errors.

The Barons looked to bounce back against Damascus at home but took an unfortunate blow out loss by a score of 15-5. Freshman Brooke Doukouris led the team with 2 hits but the offense for Damascus was too much for the Barons. Junior Grace Stevens started again for the Barons and gave up a total of 18 hits with 7 errors throughout the Barons defense.

With unfortunate back to back losses, B-CC made sure to handle business against Rockville. The Barons climbed out to an early lead and never let go by winning by mercy rule in the 5th inning. Junior Grace Stevens and Junior Eliza Schreiber-Bradtke had 3 hits each and propelled the Barons to a 15-5 win. Junior Grace Stevens expressed “the key to the team’s success has been our willingness to keep working hard and communicate on and off the field”.

The Barons win boosted the team’s morale into one of the biggest games against Sherwood. B-CC led 2-1 going into the 5th inning but Sherwood took control of the game by scoring 3 runs in the 5th inning. Senior Anna Tercyak led the team with 3 hits but B-CC took a tough loss 5-4. 

With a rough stretch for the Barons, a bounce back game against Northwest tonight is vital for the team close to going into playoffs. It won’t be easy, but the Barons have the talent and leadership to change things around and get back to dominating the county.