Girls Lacrosse Bounces Back

The girls bounced back strong this week, so far going 2-0 and looking to sweep the week tonight against Gaithersburg High School.
Jonah Peters
Senior Claire Cambell outruns the competition

The girls bounced back strong this week, so far going 2-0 and looking to sweep the week tonight against Gaithersburg High School. The girls came together after their two tough losses last week to Walter Johnson High School and Walt Whitman High School.

They bounced back last Friday winning a close and hard-fought game against Winston Churchill High School 6-4. Senior Kate Campbell netted two goals and Junior Lauren Rich scored another to propel the Barons to victory. After getting back in the win column, Rich commented, “We just had to keep our heads up and try even harder to better ourselves as a team. It’s always a good feeling to win but it feels even better knowing that we worked hard for it and earned it.”

This past Monday, the girls played at Paint Branch and crushed them, winning 8-1. Junior McKenna Harper led all scorers with three goals. Junior Alyssa Weiner and Sophmore Addison Foist led the team with three loose ball controls each. Freshman Juliette Kelliher led the team in shots with six and managed to score one. 

Last Wednesday, the girls took on Seneca Valley at home and convincingly beat them, never letting up winning 13-0. The Barons even put senior goalie and Stanford commit Ella Morton in attack and she scored her first goal of the season! 

Tonight, the girls travel away to Gaithersburg and are looking to extend their winning streak to four games as the end of the season is in sight.