Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

B-CC Baseball Continues Season With 3-3 Stretch

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball had wins over Churchill, Einstein, and Blair, along with losses to Walter Johnson, Quince Orchard, and Whitman.
Noah Light

On Friday, the Barons got their busy week started with an 11-0 mercy rule win against Churchill.  Junior Will Adkinson led the Barons offensive brigade, going three for four with two singles and a solo home run in the fourth inning.  On the mound, Junior Henry Eichner took over, striking out 12 batters in six shutout innings, only allowing three hits and walking none.

Then in the first game of the doubleheader Saturday, the Barons fell just short of a State champion favorite Walter Johnson team in a 1-0 loss.  Senior Bobby Burk threw six one-run innings, striking out five on seven hits allowed.  The offense couldn’t get it going as they faced Senior Jay Wandell, the Wildcats ace who is committed to Towson University.  He took a 3 hit shutout through all seven innings.

The Barons bounced back from their loss in their second game of the Saturday doubleheader, earning a 13-3 win against Einstein.  Senior Andy Flynn led the way from the plate, going three for three on three singles with two stolen bases.  The Barons put up 11 runs in their first three innings, all but ending the game early.  On the mound, Senior Noah Lite threw three shutout innings for a pitch count depleted Barons starting staff.

On Monday, the Barons lost a tough game to Quince Orchard, with a 5-2 final score.  The Barons couldn’t get their bats going early enough, and after dropping to a 5-0 deficit in the fourth inning, could only tally 2 runs to finish the game. The Barons offense was aided by hits from Senior Pierce Tewksbury, Will Adkinson, Senior Jackson Clemens, and Noah Lite.

Tuesday, B-CC dropped a heartbreaker to Whitman, losing the Battle of Bethesda 11-8.  The offenses stole the show for both teams, as Senior Adam Niman led the way with three RBIs on a two-for-four day.  Whitman’s three home runs were too much for the Barons to come back from, as a 7th inning dinger from the Vikings ended up being the deciding factor.

Thursday night, the Barons beat Blair 4-0.  The Barons rode a strong start from Junior Henry Eichner who tossed a complete game shutout, only allowing three hits and striking out a staggering 15 batters. Noah Lite, Pierce Tewksbury, and Junior Trent Lopez all drove in runs to top the Blazers.

The Barons will continue next week with a game Saturday at 2:30 at Damascus.  They then play Churchill on Tuesday at home at 3:45, and will look for revenge at Walter Johnson on Thursday at 3:45.  Show up for your Barons!