Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Girls Tennis Kicks Off Their Season

The B-CC girls tennis team opened their season recently with a number of matches, first against Winston Churchill on March 21st, and following spring break, the Barons played against Richard Montgomery, Walter Johnson, Rockville, and Wootton.
From @bccgirlstennis on Instagram. B-CC girls tennis after beating Richard Montgomery High School last Friday, April 5th.

The B-CC girls tennis team opened their season recently with a number of matches, first against Winston Churchill on March 21st, and following spring break, the Barons played against Richard Montgomery, Walter Johnson, Rockville, and Wootton. This stretch of games happened four school days in a row, on April 5th, 8th, 9th, and 10th.

B-CC’s first match of the season came against a strong Churchill team. Unfortunately, B-CC couldn’t quite get the win after a hard fought match, losing by a score of 5-2. Despite the loss, there were bright spots for the Barons. The doubles 1 team of Senior Chloe Wise and Junior Elizabeth Vilardo won handily, with the score being 6-1 6-2. In addition, the all-freshman doubles 3 team of Lucy Barron and Julia Pinto won 6-4 6-4, showing a bright future is in store for B-CC. “I think that this win validates the hard work I have put in with my partner and it helped me gain more trust in my ability on the court,” commented Vilardo.

Next, on April 5th, the Barons demolished Richard Montgomery 7-0 at home. A statement win for the division 2 B-CC over a division 1 team. The highlight performances for the team came from senior Captain Skye Khademi at 4 singles and the all senior doubles 2 team of captain Sydney Seiler and Ella Hottel, who each won 6-1 6-2. Junior Ivy McConarty, who plays singles 1, was ecstatic about the victory, saying “They beat us last year, and it felt really good to win. It boosted our confidence, and we look forward to proving ourselves with more upsets.”

On April 8th, B-CC took on Walter Johnson away. Unfortunately, the team took a tough 7-0 loss. Despite this, the Barons showed fight, with Khademi losing in a third set to just miss out on a consolation point. The score in that match was 6-1 4-6 5-7.

On April 9th, B-CC traveled to Rockville for an away match. From the beginning, it wasn’t a competition, with the Barons demolishing Rockville 7-0 in a match that saw them lose a total of 4 games in all matches. 

Finally, on April 10th, the Barons hosted Wootton High School. Unfortunately, the match ended 7-0 in favor of Wootton. There were bright spots to be seen even in a difficult match, with the 2nd doubles team of Seiler and Hottel narrowly losing in a third set tiebreak.