La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Girls Basketball Falls Short in the State Championship

On Friday, March 15, the Barons played the Clarksburg Coyotes in the MPSSAA 4A Girls Basketball State Championship. Unfortunately, the Barons lost 43-36 after a hard-fought game.
B-CC+Girls+at+State+finals+
Jude Wilkenfeld
B-CC Girls at State finals

One theme of the game was a discrepancy in fouls. Both B-CC and Clarksburg made six foul shots, but the Barons did so on 11 attempts (54.5%), while the Coyotes had 26 tries (23%). Junior Elisha Robinson led the team with 10 points, while Seniors Anna Tercyak and Riley Peterson both scored 8. Peterson grabbed a team high of nine rebounds, with Juniors Frances Doyle and Jaylin Harried both snagging 7. The team racked up 33 total rebounds, 28 of which were defensive. Clarksburg scored 24 points in the paint and 12 second-chance points, while forcing 13 turnovers. B-CC managed to put up 18, 3, and 8 in the aforementioned categories. The lead changed nine times and B-CC’s biggest lead was five, with Clarksburg’s at seven.

Despite the loss, the Barons had an incredible season, finishing with the best record in program history at 25-3. In recognition of her dominant role on this year’s squad, Tercyak was named the MCPS Central Division player of the year, as well as being named to the First Team All-Division. Doyle joined her on the First Team All-Division, with Robinson named Second Team All-Division. At the helm, Coach Ryan Ingalls was named Division Coach of the Year. Tercyak said, “I’m proud of this team and everything we accomplished.” Congratulations on a fantastic season!