Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Girls Basketball Falls Short in the State Championship

On Friday, March 15, the Barons played the Clarksburg Coyotes in the MPSSAA 4A Girls Basketball State Championship. Unfortunately, the Barons lost 43-36 after a hard-fought game.
B-CC+Girls+at+State+finals+
Jude Wilkenfeld
B-CC Girls at State finals

One theme of the game was a discrepancy in fouls. Both B-CC and Clarksburg made six foul shots, but the Barons did so on 11 attempts (54.5%), while the Coyotes had 26 tries (23%). Junior Elisha Robinson led the team with 10 points, while Seniors Anna Tercyak and Riley Peterson both scored 8. Peterson grabbed a team high of nine rebounds, with Juniors Frances Doyle and Jaylin Harried both snagging 7. The team racked up 33 total rebounds, 28 of which were defensive. Clarksburg scored 24 points in the paint and 12 second-chance points, while forcing 13 turnovers. B-CC managed to put up 18, 3, and 8 in the aforementioned categories. The lead changed nine times and B-CC’s biggest lead was five, with Clarksburg’s at seven.

Despite the loss, the Barons had an incredible season, finishing with the best record in program history at 25-3. In recognition of her dominant role on this year’s squad, Tercyak was named the MCPS Central Division player of the year, as well as being named to the First Team All-Division. Doyle joined her on the First Team All-Division, with Robinson named Second Team All-Division. At the helm, Coach Ryan Ingalls was named Division Coach of the Year. Tercyak said, “I’m proud of this team and everything we accomplished.” Congratulations on a fantastic season!