La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

State-Bound!

Girls Basketball has advanced to the State Quarterfinals and will take on Crofton High School tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m.
Victor O’Neill
B-CC’s Girls Varsity Basketball team is the number one seed in the state. They will host the quarterfinal match on Saturday, March 9.

The Girls Basketball team secured the number one seed in the state after finishing the regular season with an astounding 19-1 record. Crofton comes in as the eighth seed in the state, with a regular season record of 11-9.

To get here, the Barons first had to face and defeat Winston Churchill High School in the Region Semifinals and Walt Whitman High School in the Region Finals. They beat Whitman handily on Wednesday night, March 6.

After a slow start to their regional finals game, putting up only 10 points in the first half, the team rallied and stomped Churchill in the second half to advance to the next round.

In the Region Finals, their stifling defense shut down any rhythm Whitman tried to set in the first quarter, holding them to 4 points. In the second quarter, Whitman found their rhythm and took the lead going into halftime. 

Coming out of the half, with the fans taking to their feet, Girls Varsity rallied and grabbed the lead. Junior Sasha Barr commented, “It was a really intense game and as a team, we did a really good job of bringing up the intensity in the third quarter and taking control of the game.” She was a big part in turning the tide, making three three-pointers in rapid succession to help increase the Baron’s lead in the third quarter.

The fourth quarter was similar to the third as the Barons continued to build their lead all the way to the end.

Junior Frances Doyle led the scoring, recording a double-double with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Senior Riley Petersen led the team in rebounds with 17. 

Shooting will be a big factor for tomorrow night’s game as the team shot 27% from the field including 18% from the three-point line. 

The girls will look to take a step closer to State Final. Tickets are sure to sell out!