Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

State-Bound!

Girls Basketball has advanced to the State Quarterfinals and will take on Crofton High School tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m.
Victor O’Neill
B-CC’s Girls Varsity Basketball team is the number one seed in the state. They will host the quarterfinal match on Saturday, March 9.

The Girls Basketball team secured the number one seed in the state after finishing the regular season with an astounding 19-1 record. Crofton comes in as the eighth seed in the state, with a regular season record of 11-9.

To get here, the Barons first had to face and defeat Winston Churchill High School in the Region Semifinals and Walt Whitman High School in the Region Finals. They beat Whitman handily on Wednesday night, March 6.

After a slow start to their regional finals game, putting up only 10 points in the first half, the team rallied and stomped Churchill in the second half to advance to the next round.

In the Region Finals, their stifling defense shut down any rhythm Whitman tried to set in the first quarter, holding them to 4 points. In the second quarter, Whitman found their rhythm and took the lead going into halftime. 

Coming out of the half, with the fans taking to their feet, Girls Varsity rallied and grabbed the lead. Junior Sasha Barr commented, “It was a really intense game and as a team, we did a really good job of bringing up the intensity in the third quarter and taking control of the game.” She was a big part in turning the tide, making three three-pointers in rapid succession to help increase the Baron’s lead in the third quarter.

The fourth quarter was similar to the third as the Barons continued to build their lead all the way to the end.

Junior Frances Doyle led the scoring, recording a double-double with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Senior Riley Petersen led the team in rebounds with 17. 

Shooting will be a big factor for tomorrow night’s game as the team shot 27% from the field including 18% from the three-point line. 

The girls will look to take a step closer to State Final. Tickets are sure to sell out!