Student footage of SWAT van arriving on campus amid bomb threats
UPDATED B-CC Held in Lockdown Due to Threats of Weapons on Campus

Via Dubraska Vale on B-CC Parent ListServ, MCPS reports the police found no threats. Students and staff are now sheltering in place and a reunification...

El arte de Aitana Gaudenzi en la exposición de arte B-CC
Una artista destacada: Aitana Gaudenzi

Durante la semana del 19 de abril y 29 de abril, B-CC presentó una galería de arte, una presentación de las obras que crearon los estudiantes...

B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

The Best and Worst Dressed At The Grammys

The red carpet looks from the 2024 Grammys are in…and, frankly, disappointing.
Coco+Jones+and+Ed+Sheeran+were+among+many+artists+with+notable+outfits+at+the+Grammys+
Coco Jones and Ed Sheeran were among many artists with notable outfits at the Grammys

Music stars made their appearance at the Grammy Awards Ceremony last Sunday, Feb. 4. With all eyes on the red carpet, fashion statements are made and trends are set. The Grammy Awards provide celebrities an opportunity to display their sense of style in addition to honoring their musical brilliance. The red carpet features personalized looks with eye-catching designs. But despite the glamour, overall, there are always some outfits that end up as memes. 

One of the boldest looks belonged to Tay Keith, 27 year-old record producer from Memphis, Tennessee, who rose to fame with a series of hits. Keith seemed to have come straight out of Minecraft. His whole outfit looked as if it were a costume, rather than an intentional statement, complemented by sunglasses bought at Target three hours before the event as a finishing touch. 

32 year-old songwriter, Ed Sheeran, came sporting a fascinating look. The print of his suit fabric made it look as if he were dressed for an Army bootcamp, not to mention the fact that his pants were tucked into his shoes. Sneakers on a red carpet are a hot take, and made the outfit feel even tackier. 

Fortunately, not all looks needed edits. Coco Jones, the 26 year-old singer and actress, showcased a stunning, pale blue, deep V-neck dress. Sparkling under the flashes of the cameras, Jones made a subtle statement with her look. A classic up-do and dainty silver pendant ensured all attention was on the dress. 

34 year-old singer and musician, Victoria Monet, showed up in a body-hugging brown gown. With its intricate design, she made sure to stand out on the carpet. The corset detail with ruching at the hips drew in all attention and made the look unforgettable. If viewers didn’t know her before, they will now. 

With some looks unforgettable for the wrong reasons, and others completely alluring, the 2024 Grammys red carpet brought many different fashion designs and inspirations. While some displayed elegance, others should stick to making songs and perhaps let someone else pick out their red carpet looks next year.