The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

B-CC Poms’ Impressive Performance at Counties

Poms recently performed at the 27th Annual MCPS Pom Poms Competition on Feb. 3 at Montgomery Blair High School.
Tino Pham
Poms celebrate their Spirit Award at D1 Counties

Poms recently won the Spirit Award at the 27th Annual MCPS Pom Poms Competition on Feb. 3 at Montgomery Blair High School. The team performed in varied dancing styles in their second-ever Division 1 tournament in Poms history. Sherwood High School earned first place. Junior Juliet Acosta said, “Counties was a lot of hard work, but it was super rewarding.” 

Poms have been on a roll this season, after an exciting halftime performance at the Wizards vs. Timberwolves game on Jan. 24 at the Capital One Arena. 

Next up for Poms is a performance at B-CC’s home basketball game against Winston Churchill High School on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Acosta said, “I am excited to learn our final dance for next Tuesday’s basketball game.”