The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Barons See Success in Swim and Dive Championships

In their first postseason meet of the season, the boys swim and dive squad finished 5th, while the girls finished 2nd at the Division 1 championships this weekend past weekend, Feb 3-4.
Barons+swim+and+dive+continue+to+dominate+the+competition.+
Victor O’Neill
Barons swim and dive continue to dominate the competition.

The girls team had an excellent weekend, highlighted by Sophomore Virginia Hinds, who set a new team record and became only the second girl to break 50 seconds in the 100 meter freestyle in MCPS, with a blazing time of 49.94. She was part of the group that won the 200 Medley Relay event that included Junior Tony Morse, Sophomore Hailey Hammond, and Sophomore Charlotte Dedolph. Hinds also added to the win with a 1st place finish in the 200-yard freestyle, winning by nearly 5 seconds over the next closest swimmer.  About the championship, Hinds said, “I thought the Divisional’s went really well this year. Everyone was ready to swim and full of energy, which always makes meets super exciting. I’m excited to see how we do as team at Metros, especially in the relays. But I’m also really looking forward to seeing how we do individually, because we have a lot of great people competing this year. Metros is always a really awesome meet to watch and compete in.” With the Barons putting up points in nearly all of the girls events, they took home second place with a team score of 351, behind Walter Johnson High School. 

Boys saw excellent performances out of all their swimmers. Sophomore Dylan Imirowicz put up 17 points with a second place finish in the 1-meter dive.  The boys consistently put up points and were middle finishers for most of the events. They fought hard in an uber-competitive division.

Playoffs continue this weekend, with the Metropolitan Scholastic Championships beginning earlier this week on Feb. 7 and continuing through the weekend. The competition will be held at the Germantown Indoor Swim Center to watch the Barons. Today and Saturday, both girls and boys compete in swimming.